Saturday, 27 August 2011

Wyse T50 Cloud Computers in Hong Kong

This past week I spent an afternoon installing the new Wyse T50's for a client. They are very impressive. The units are compact and well designed.

The T50's offer various connections including Web, Citrix, Microsoft and VMware VDI.

The T50's had Linux Ubuntu as the operating system and included Chrome as the browser. I configured the T50 to connect to a Microsoft Terminal Server via RDP and things were up and running in no time. Wireless, Network and VPN all supported.

The staff were very impressed with the performance of these units and priced under HK$2,000 each. REAL VALUE.

With Rackspace about to release their Virtual Desktops in Hong Kong, Wyse offer an excellent solution for the company that wants to adopt Cloud Computer right down to the hardware!

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Just saw your post and I was wondering if you could provide me with some basic set up instructions for the T50 please? I just received mine today and I am not able to connect to the internet via the pre installed Google Chrome web browser?

    I know my internet connections (ethernet wired) is fine as I have tested it via my MacBook.

    I'm just not able to understand IP addresses and all that technical stuff so some basic step by step guides would be helpful.

    Thanks in advance.

    PS: I was in HK last week on holiday, such a lovely place.

    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete