Tuesday, 7 February 2012

Meraki - The First Cloud Controlled Switch

I am currently waiting on delivery of the first Cloud Controlled PoE Switch in Hong Kong.

The Meraki MS is the industry's first cloud managed switch. What a great idea!

With cloud based management, hundreds of switch ports can be configured and monitored instantly from any browser in the world.  A company can now provision remote sites without on-site IT, deploy network wide configuration changes and easily manage large and distributed networks without training or dedicated staff.

Meraki is winning awards for their innovation bringing Cloud management to hardware devices. The company started with wireless access points and has moved into security and switches.

Configurations include PoE, 12, 24 and 48 ports. Pricing from US$1999.

Keep tuned as I report back on how my test drive went.  If you are also interested to evaluate please let me know and I will arrange.

No comments:

Post a Comment